I’ve experienced some changes throughout 2016 and it’s a good thing to revise this years’ events. So let’s start:
1. Describe your 2016 in 3 words
Confronting, Inspiring, Blogging
2. Write the name of 2 people that have characterized your 2016
My boyfriend (who wishes to remain anonymous) and Cris (a friend and colleague who has taught me many values, ever since she stepped in my life)
3. Write the most beautiful place you’ve visited in 2016 and why you liked it so much
I haven’t traveled this year. But I went to Pairidaiza in Belgium, which is a zoo that resembles that of Singapore so much. It really charmed me.
And there is no place like home. I’ve enjoyed decorating my house each season, enjoying my garden that was kept neatly by my boyfriend.
4. Write the most delicious food you’ve tasted in 2016
Without a doubt: Kimchi. I could eat it with anything. My favorite way of eating it is with white rice and an egg. Simple as can be. I could literally die eating it. My boyfriend hates the smell of it though, so I usually eat it when he’s not home haha.
I’ve learned making this from Maangchi on YouTube: Kimchi Recipe
5. Write the event which has marked you more of this in 2016 (even global event)
The day I started blogging. I didn’t know I’d enjoy writing this much. I expected to write more fluently in Dutch, as it is my first language. But it wasn’t the case. Writing in English felt so good from the first letter I started typing.
6. Write the finest purchase you’ve made in this 2016, and if you want link a photo
This one is so difficult. I’m not that materialistic. I like buying little things, but I’m not one to purchase big things… I guess I like to buy things that don’t cost much, but give me great joy haha: like my painting equipment from the Action shop, kitchen equipment, food,… If I do spend big money, it’s usually for travels… Beauty related, I guess my favorite thing was my Too Faced Chocolate Bon Bons pallet, as I’ve used it almost every single day.
7. Write 3 good intentions for this 2017
- Work on myself (become stronger, believing in myself). I’d like to take classes to improve my skills on professional level.
- Find inspiration and inspire others. I’m contemplating to also do posts on DIY’s and art. Capili has really inspired me. She’s so dedicated to her art! I really love making people happy with my DIY’s. For New Years Eve I made, amongst other projects, a portret of the children of my Sister in law:
- Get fit, but only my way. I refuse to do sports I don’t even enjoy. I’ll take Belly dancing classes and continue my Ball Room & Latin dancing.
8. Write 1 place you want to visit in 2017
My heart always goes out to Singapore. And Tokyo was also a place I really loved. But then again Seoul is also a place I’d love to visit (Beauty Mekka). I always think I’d like to see more of the world and go to placed I haven’t gone before. But each time my vacation draws near, my heart yearns for the places I was the happiest. Are you also like that?
9. Write 1 plate/food you want to eat in 2017
Budae Jigae (a Korean stew, see picture below. I don’t own it. This pic is from Maangchi’s site) and Korean BBQ, can’t wait for that place nearby to open to try it out! Really!! Oh and exotic fruit in Asia… My favorite fruits are Mangosteen and Rambutan (I think it’s called).
Here are the tag rules:
1. Mention the creator of the TAG.
2. Use the image that you find in this article.
3. Mention the blogger who has chosen you.
4. Answer the questions.
5. Mention 9 bloggers/friends and let them know through a comment on their blog.
I’m tagging the following bloggers:
Living out loud (though I think you covered most of it in your previous posts, Alana :D)
This post was a bit different from my usual beauty posts. But I hope you’ve enjoyed it!
Have a lovely day everyone!
Follow me on Instagram: Sarahslovelycupoftea