I’ve been awarded by the very sweet and multitalented Capili from Artistbybeauty. I’m happy and honored to receive this award. It’s nice to know that my posts are being appreciated.
With this post, you’ll get to know a little bit more about me as I’ll share 7 random things about myself.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Display the award.
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog.)
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate bloggers.
Seven things about me:
- I’m someone with many hobbies. My dad has always told me that someone who has a lot of interests will have lot’s of things to talk about with people. Personally I like to hang around people who are passionate, because they can be so inspiring. I also hope to be that for someone out there. My hobby and obsession is obviously make up and beauty. But another hobby of mine is singing. I often sing English upbeat songs at Vietnamese parties, which brings me to the 2nd fact about me…
- I’m born in Belgium, but both of my parents are Vietnamese. We have family scattered all over the world: Vietnam, the Netherlands, Belgium and the US. When we visit them, it is always a happy reunion!
- My favorite place in the world is Singapore. Many people think it is just a city, so they tend to only visit for 1 or 2 days. But there are so many things to visit: the Chinese gardens, the botanical garden, the Singapore Zoo, the River Safari, the Night Safari, the many shopping complexes, Sentosa Island,… The versatility of food in the food courts of the shopping complexes, you can eat Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese,… you name it. It was one of my first vacations with my boyfriend, so it holds a very special place in my heart.
- I hate traditional sports! There… I said it! I don’t like jogging, biking (I’m so clumsy I could cause an accident), badminton (I literally knocked a friends teeth out, because she was running my way… don’t ask),… The only way for me to stay fit and to actually be passionate about it, is dancing. I’ve been doing ballroom dancing with my dad for 3 years now and recently I’ve also signed up for belly dancing.
- I always name my pets after desserts haha. We have 2 Pomeranians Tira and Misu. And I have two rabbits called Mokka and Vanilla, because I love those ice cream flavors. I swear the next pet will be named Pistachio!
- My parents used to have a restaurant. My dad served fusion Vietnamese-French food. I started helping out at the age of 4, cleaning the shrimps. At the age of 8 I helped behind the bar pouring out drinks. One of the first desserts my dad taught me is the Chocolate Coconut Soufflé, which we served with hot chocolate sauce and vanilla ice. Until this day, it’s still one of my favorite desserts.
- My passion for beauty came after the first visit of my cousins Cathy, Tiffany and Priscilla from the US. They got me my first Urban Decay Pallet Naked 1! At that time Urban Decay couldn’t be ordered on the Sephora.fr website and every YouTube guru was raving about it…
This post was a challenge for me. It wasn’t that easy to come up with the 7 facts. It’s funny how you don’t always reflect on yourself as a person. I mean, I constantly focus on the things I love to do, but taking the time to consider what I’ve done and been through is not something I do often…
Hey it’s Nyse (she’s already been nominated, but she truly is a versatile blogger!)
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this post, as much as I did writing it.
Have a lovely day and I’ll talk to you very soon!
Follow me in Instagram: Sarahslovelycupoftea