I hope you had a wonderful start of the week! 3 lovely bloggers have nominated me for several awards. Thank you so much!!! I can’t say enough how thankful I am to be part of this community! Hey you there, if you’re still hesitating: Just start blogging! Just do it! I haven’t regretted it from the moment I began!
I have to admit though, it’s getting more and more challenging to find random things to tell about myself haha. But no worries, I’ll find something somewhere deep inside my foggy brains ;D)).
First of all, I’ve received a nomination from Gilts&Glamz for a Lovely Blog Award. Go check out this blog if you’re looking for honest in depth reviews of beauty products with beautifully taken pictures! You also get tips on how to take good pictures yourself (see the blogpost: Photography: Quality Pictures) and many beauty related tips!
I got a nomination for the Real Neat Blog Award from Elsie L.M.C. She has a super versatile blog, where you can read fun relaxing posts, that inspire you and you’ll also find her beautiful stories! Check out her latest post: A comfortable silence.
Cleia from Cleia Beauty has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. She has a lovely blog with great beauty product reviews and product try outs! The looks she creates are very classy and natural! Make sure to check it out!
A Lovely Blog Award
This is my second time receiving this award :D.
Here are the award rules
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Post about the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate at most 15 people.
- Tell your nominees the good news!
Seven facts about myself
- I easily scar. I have a huge scar on my right knee from when I was a kid. I remember sitting next to a garbage bag making a puzzle (don’t ask me why I sat there). And my leg somehow got itchy (because the carpet was grass-ish) so my leg twitched and the garbage bag fell on me. Now in this bag there was a half opened can with the sharp edge upwards… If it was 2 cm deeper, my leg was gone… Moral of the story, please push the sharp lid down and the can as closed as possible. Protect your kids and yourself!
- I love food! And I think I had the best food ever in Vietnam. If you ever go there, make sure you try out bun thit nuong cha gio (rice noodles with barbeque meat and chunks of egg rolls). Honestly, it’s the fact that they have fresh chopped herbs… Ugh!!! Heaven!!!
- I didn’t used to eat fries a lot. But since I got to know my BF, eating fries each Friday has become tradition. I always have my fries with gravy and Bicky sauce (a sauce made with cabbage) with a Mora Taco. Now that I am on a diet, it is a torture to even smell it and see my BF eat it in front of me…
- You obviously already know this girl’s addiction, but you have no idea how many lip products I’m actually carrying around in my bag. Lemme count really quickly… Yup, I’m sick (but in my defense, I’m doing reviews :D))):
- Catrice Aqua Ink Lip Liner 030 “The way I mauve”
- Catrice Aqua Ink Lip Liner 020 “Just follow your rose”
- Catrice Aqua Ink Lip Liner 060 “I feel inspiRED today”
- Catrice Aqua Ink-In-Gloss 030 “Burgundy sunset waves”
- Catrice Aqua Ink-In-Gloss 040 “Let’s mauve to the beach”
- Catrice Shine Appeal Fluid Lipstick Intense 020 “VampiRED Diaries”
- Catrice Volumizing Lip Booster (in the Mauvy pink shade)
- Colourpop Lippiestix in Tiger
- NYX Full Throttle Lipstick 05 “Trickster”
- NYX Soft Matt Lip Cream 25 “Budapest)
- NYX Lingerie 02 “Embellishment”
- Essence Matt Matt Matt 03 “Girl of today”
- Urban Decay Naked Ultra Nourishing Gloss “Beso”
- Rituals Silky Lip Gloss “Eve’s Kiss”
- Max & More chopstick
- I used to be into Calligraphy. I spent hours practicing my capitals. And even now, when I write cards, I still love to use my capitals!!
- I’m a huge nerd, but I looooved the Lord of the Rings Movies, mainly Legolas of course. I even learned how to read runes… I forgot some letters, but I’m pretty sure I can still read the runes on Tolkien’s books…
- When I was little, I had a collection of Ann Geddes dolls. They were so cute!!! I used to carry this little bear around, he’s name is Lou Lou. (The one below is not mine. My Lou Lou is unrecognizable, but so much loved!!)
A Real Neat Blog Award
Yay, a new Award!!
The rules of this award:
- Thank and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 7 questions they asked you.
- Nominate 7 bloggers for this award.
- Ask 7 questions for your nominees.
Here are my answers to Elsie’s 7 questions:
- What do you feel has been the most special moment of your life?
Definitely a huge highlight in my life was my trip to Singapore. It made me feel like anything is possible. I could give myself the freedom to dream. Sometimes I feel like life can be so hectic and demanding, that you don’t allow yourself to dream.
- What is your favorite song?
I don’t really have one. My songs depend on my mood. I definitely have a soft spot for Disney songs, such as “Go the Distance” and “Color of the wind”.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, what 3 things would you take with you to pass the time?
In case I’m on a desert island and that I know I can get off: Definitely my smart phone, to be able to get off and that people can call me or vice versa haha, sunscreen and a bucket so that I can catch some crabs and sea stars (I’ll release them afterwards of course).
If it’s by accident and I’d have to survive, it’s another story. Then I’d hope to have: a good knife, some rope and a light but good raincoat, because I definitely hate getting completely wet when I’m in my clothes.
- If you could change one thing in the world what would it be?
Make people more understanding of each other. It would help avoid a lot of conflict.
- Have you learnt anything about yourself so far in blogging? If so what have you learnt?
My grandfather was the first Vietnamese journalist, Nguyen Ang Ca. I never new I had much in common with him. He passed away when I was 3. But since I started blogging, I’ve discovered a true love for writing. I guess I have inherited that from him.
- Do you have a favorite hobby that you are passionate about? Why do you think you are passionate about it?
Uhm, where to start! I am passionate about dancing! I also love singing, drawing, writing,… I guess, the art of creation! Creating movement, creating art, creating sound,… It makes me so incredibly happy and energetic. People definitely should do things that gives them energy instead of draining them. That’s how you know it comes from within!
- What was the last thing that you smiled about?
I was watching “Temptation Island” with my BF. Sometimes people can be so silly when they’re drunk… That’s the reason why I don’t really like to drink.
And here are my questions for the nominees:
- What would be your perfect “it’s raining outside” day?
- Which soap or serie would you love to see in a 2 days tv marathon?
- If you were an animal, which one would you be?
- If you were allowed to dream big, what would your job be?
- Which mythical creature do you wish would roam the earth?
- If you were locked in a room for 24h, how would you pass your time?
The Versatile Blogger Award
Even though my blog is all about Beauty, I find it lot’s of fun to share bits and pieces of my life. So I’m very happy for receiving the Versatile Blogger Award!! This one is my 3rd nomination.
Here are the rules of the award:
- Display the award.
- Thank the person who gave this award (and include a link to their blog.)
- Share seven things about yourself.
- Nominate bloggers.
Seven things about myself
- I love scrapbooking and making photo books. I usually go for a combination of a printed photobook and then add my maps (for example from the zoo where I went to) and income tickets or polaroid pictures.
- I try to change my decor every season. I think it is so much fun to enter your house, but feeling each time a different vibe. It makes me feel so happy!! I’ve also started to hang up my drawings, that I’ve made like 15 years ago!
- When I went to university and had to prepare for my exams, I often had the feeling I didn’t go out for 2 months. The thing I looked forward to were my daily visits to my local drugstore Kruidvat. As a student I didn’t have much money, but buying just a little eyeshadow from Catrice could make my day!
- I learn most of the things through YouTube video’s. Vids can be so inspiring. I even learned how to crochet!
- We recently added mini blue and yellow frogs in our Paludarium. An we’ve added an Elephant fish in the water part. So pretty!!! But it’s so hard to take a good picture of these fella’s!!
- I can’t stand the smell of raw carrots when I put it in my mouth. It probably sounds weird. I always admire how people can eat a raw carrot like a bunny and make that crunchy sound. And boy, do I wish I like to eat it. But from the moment I get a whiff of that scent, I immediately gag.
- I am currently counting down the days until Live Action Beauty and the Beast comes out. Seeing the trailers, I can already feel that Emma Watson did a great job at helping Belle come to live!! Belle is such a strong, independent, smart girl, who knows what she wants.
Again, thank you guys for dropping by and reading my posts!! It’s almost Friday!!! I’m so happy! I live for my weekends!!!