Hello my beautiful readers!
I was recently Tagged by Azra from Simple Serenity (check the tag here), Glits&Glamz (check the tag here) and by Anne from Beauty by a Dutch Girl (check her tag here) to do the Blue Sky Tag. Honestly I love writing these tags, they can be very inspiring and allow you to share bits and pieces of yourself! So thank you for the Tag, sweeties!!
1. Thank the person who nominated you
2. Answer their 11 questions
3. Tag 11 people
4. Give them 11 questions to answer
Questions I got from Azra
1. What is your favorite quick meal to make?
Oh this one is easy! A bowl of rice with Kimchi and a sunny side up egg. So sad I just had my last Kimchi last week. Now I’ll have to wait until September to make it again. My mouth is watering just thinking of it.
2. Are you morning or night type of person?
Definitely a night owl. I get up at 6.30 am. But if I didn’t have to for work, I’d get up at 9 am each day. Because if I could, I love to stay up until 1 am at least!
3. How many siblings do you have?
One little brother, who’s 4,5 years younger than me.
4. What is your favorite dessert ?
A bowl of exotic fruit and I can’t say no to a chocolate mousse.
5. Three songs that you are obsessed with at the moment?
“Sexual”, “You don’t know me” and “Marvin Gaye”. I can’t stop singing it when it’s on the radio.
6. What is the last thing you bought?
Not very exciting, but I bought floor cloths… I’m on a no buy right now and it doesn’t only go for make up, but also for clothes and accessories and craft supplies. It sounds depressing, but I’m now rediscovering my hobbies because I’m obliged to use up the (craft) stuff I’ve been accumulating. It’s forcing me to become creative!
7. What is your favorite movie ever?
I don’t have one. The ones I’ve loved for the past years is: Maleficent, Trolls and I’m pretty sure I’ll add Beauty and the Beast.
8. How did you come up with the name for your blog?
Make up is my cup of tea. So I use this in every title.
9. Are you talkative or more of a silent type of person?
Both actually. When the conversation is about something that I’m very interested in, I’ll talk a lot. Also, when I’m around people with whom I feel great! When I feel intimidated or am in front of a person who doesn’t really do anything to keep the conversation going, I’m like okay, whatevs… I’ll also talk more in a small group than a big group.
10. Do you have any pets?
I have 2 rabbits: Mokka and Vanilla! They’re so cute!
11. How would you describe yourself in three words?
Creative, helpful, stubborn
Questions I got from Glits&Glamz
1. What do you when you are most stressed?
Hug my boyfriend. It slows down my heartrate and offers me comfort. When he’s not around and I’m in a crisis situation I take a deep breath and try to think clear and in steps. If you’re talking about the kind of stress that you have before a speech or before a performance, it’s also taking a deep breath and just go for it!
2. What’s the best thing you ever bought?
I’m not very materialistic. I’m likely to be more attached to something that I made rather than something that I buy. But I love the challenge to find something good for a very good price. I’m guessing that the 2 things that I bought last year and use the most would be my smart phone and laptop. I’m happy for the things that I can do with it.
3. What’s the worst thing you ever bought?
Probably something from Teleshop. You know those items you can buy when you see it on tv. I remember (it’s like more than 15 years ago) that we bought a belt that can warm up your belly and makes you lose weight. I only used it twice… Didn’t work for me at all. Because, obviously,… there is no such thing as losing weight by doing nothing and changing nothing in your eating pattern…
4. Are you on the messy side or the organized side?
I’m both. I am more organized in certain things than my BF, but messier in certain than my BF…
5. Tv or YouTube?
Definitely YouTube!! Of course YouTube!!! You get to choose what you see and when. You get to watch it in the bathroom when you’re brushing your teeth or even in the kitchen while cooking. I could perfectly well live without a television…
6. Where do you spend most of your time?
If I’m not at work, I spend most of my time in the living room. It’s where we watch tv, eat, talk after work, where I blog,…
7. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up, other than checking your phone ?
Go to the restroom… I always drink too much before I go to bed…
8. What should your nickname be?
The BF has plenty of nicknames for me. But the very first one is “Poes” (Dutch for cat) because my Chinese horoscope is a rabbit, but this means that my Vietnamese horoscope is a cat.
9. Spring or Summer?
Can’t I have both? I love how Winter is slowly making place for Spring: the first flowers are blooming, you can start hearing the birds again in the morning. When you go to work, you can actually see the first sunrays. Summer is full on sunrays, vibrant and fun. It’s undeniable, it’s warm, it’s beautiful! I wouldn’t be able to choose. Spring is for me the season that announces Summer, so I love both because they belong together…
10. What’s your motto in life?
Don’t live life with regrets.
11. Boots or Flip-flops?
As you wear boots in the autumn and winter and flip flops in summer, I’m supposing it’s about choosing between those seasons… Than I prefer summer over the other 2 months. But if it is about comfort, my feet do hurt wearing flip flops, so I prefer boots… Except if it is hot of course, than I’d rather wear nothing…
Questions that I got from Anne
1. What is your favorite makeup brand?
That’s a no brainer. I get most excited about Too Faced, which is almost a tie with Urban Decay.
2. Who is your favorite YouTuber?
I love Kathleen Lights! She’s such a sweet and funny girl!
3. Where do you really want to travel to?
It’s no secret I love Singapore. But I’d definitely want to visit Korea and Taiwan in the years to come.
4. Which languages do you speak?
Vietnamese (which is my parents language), Dutch, French and English. Belgium has 3 national languages. The part that speaks German is quite small. I never really managed to learn that language. I got pretty good at English because I grew up watching American TV series in English with Dutch subs. I especially watched: Family Matters, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Full House,…
5. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner?
I could have Japanese each day: Sushi, Katsudon, Sashimi,..
6. What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
I seriously can’t pick one. It depends on my mood. I love Pistachio, Vanilla icecream with hot chocolate sauce, Ferrero Rocher, Mocha… But I also really love Sherbets: Usually I go for Melon! Ugh, can’t wait for Summer! I love Ice cream!!! Oh I can’t forget my popsicles: the Rocket with the chocolate top and Calippo!
7. What is your favorite Social Media to use?
I guess my blog, Instagram and Facebook. Those are the only 3 I use. But I spend most of my time on my blog!
8. Why did you start blogging? (tell us in less than 50 words)
Because I can’t shut up about make up. But when I started, I also discovered that I love writing itself also!!!
9. What is the last movie you saw?
Bell and the Beast! I cried buckets of tears! I just love it. It was so nostalgic, but even better! I now love this story even more!
10. How many time do you spend on/with your blog in a day? (making blogposts, commenting/liking other blogs)
This is different every day, because I work out on Monday and Thursday and I have dance classes on Tuesday and Saturday. Friday is pretty much family evening at my BF’s parental house. So I tend to spend the most time on my blog on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday. I can easily spend 2-3 hours each time. But I try to catch up with my comments and read other’s post every day for at least 30 minutes.
11. What is the worst fashion-mistake you’ve ever made?
Do we really need to have this conversation? Can’t I just get off the hook??? Just kidding,… I once had a period that I wore Spice Girls plateau shoes… They were very comfortable, but yeah, that’s about the only thing I want to say about that :D.
Questions for the nominees
1. What is your perfect holiday or vacation?
2. What do you do to de-stress?
3. What is your favorite restaurant and why?
4. If you’d have all the money in the world, where would your house be and how would it look like?
5. What is your favorite gift you ever got from someone?
6. What is your favorite season and why?
7. If you were to get married or relive your wedding, what theme would you pick?
8. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
9. What was the happiest moment in your life so far?
10. Which talents did you inherit from which family member?
11. One day, when you retire, what do you wish your colleague’s speech about you would be like?
Always a pleasure to write these tags! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. If I didn’t nominate you and you’d want to write it, please go ahead!!!
Have a lovely week!
Follow me on Instagram: Sarahslovelycupoftea