I’ve reached over 300 WordPress subbies today!!! Thank you so much for following me and reading my posts, you guys!!! It means a lot to me!!
I’m a bit late with my Awards post, but wanted to spread the topics of my posts a bit, so that’s why I’m only writing it now… I’ve received the following awards:
The Sunshine Blogger Award from the amazing and sweet Natalie Charmaine (check out her post). It’s my first time receiving this award, yay!! Thank you so much Natalie!! She has a super versatile blog, spiced with beauty, yummy recipes and a huge dose of cuteness with her little daughter! So make sure to check out her blog.
The One Lovely Blog Award from 2 beautiful and talented ladies: EmmaChxrlotte (check out her post) and Beautyknowsnoflaws (check out her post). Emma has quite a versatile blog, so you’ll find a lot about beauty, but also topics on daily life and other fun things. Bobby (Beautyknowsnoflaws) also writes about beauty, travel and lifestyle. She has a lot of beautiful make up looks. Make sure you check out these 2 lovely girls!
The Sunshine Blogger Award
- Thank your nominator and add a link to their blog
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate another 11 blogs and write a set of 11 questions for them to answer
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your blog and/or post
The Questions I got from Natalie
1) What drink would you order at the bar?
A Pina Colada! I love the exotic Coconut taste!!
2) Do you believe in love at first sight?
Not really… I might find someone attractive. But I always need the time to get to know this person. For me, a relationship has always started from a friendship.
3) If you had to watch one film over and over, what would it be?
Beauty and the Beast (the real life action). So beautiful!!
4) What is your go-to Karaoke song?
It depends on the period in my life. I had a period where I always sang “Fame”, then it was “Toxic”. Oh and I also had a period that I liked to sing “Let it go”. But I guess, my favorite of all times is “Chiec Bong Mong Manh” (a Vietnamese song about loving someone’s shadow as they’re not around anymore)…
5) Are White lies okay?
I used to think it was okay. I grew up in an environment in where it was used a lot. But throughout the years, I changed my mind about that… From certain people, I can tell they’re lying. And usually I don’t even care, even though I find it bothersome. But I always think they have their reasons why they would, so I respect that and keep my distance. I think that if you must lie, then at least do it so damn well, that people can’t tell. Because it hurts when they can and it’ll leave both parties feeling embarrassed.
There’s also the other side of the medal… Some people can see that someone is looking for excuses to not go somewhere or to not do something, but they continue to push. Look, if it’s obvious the person doesn’t want to do it, back off!! They have their own reasons for it. This must be my biggest pet peeve: when people are being pushy, while it’s pretty clear the other person doesn’t want to!
6) Who is your celebrity crush?
Sometimes I have a celebrity crush when I’m watching a certain movie or television serie, but it never lasts. Because we usually have a crush on the character of the movie and not really the actor himself. I guess I overthink it too much haha. But no, I currently don’t have one.
7) What is your perfect Sunday?
Spending time with the BF, doing nothing, enjoying the sun, writing on my blog, spending time doing stuff that I don’t get to do in the week like drawing and painting… House chores are for the week. The weekend is all about spending time together and enjoy each others company.
8) you’re going on a date. Where would you like to go?
My BF and I usually go for a walk in our little village or in a beautiful forest and we just talk about life, plans that we have, dreaming together about what we want,… That’s our perfect date!
9) what is your favourite song/ Singer?
I definitely love Adèle’s music! Currently I love hearing and singing along “Sexual” from Neiked.
10) Does your star sign represent you well?
I didn’t really believe in it before. But I’ve always found it fascinating. I like to check both the Star signs and the Chinese horoscope. Based on that, I like to analyse the personalities of the people that I know. Not to form myself an opinion about them, but I think it’s fun to compare whether it’s true what the horoscope says…
I’m a Taurus, which means (if we may believe Wikipedia) that I’d have the following traits: reliable, patient, practical, devoted, responsible, stable, stubborn, possessive, uncompromising,… So far I do agree with what is said.
Practical and well-grounded, Taurus is the sign that harvests the fruits of labor. They feel the need to always be surrounded by love and beauty, turned to the material world, hedonism, and physical pleasures. People born with their Sun in Taurus are sensual and tactile, considering touch and taste the most important of all senses. Stable and conservative, this is one of the most reliable signs of the zodiac, ready to endure and stick to their choices until they reach the point of personal satisfaction
I guess that pretty much describes me… When I check the Chinese horoscope, Chinahighlights says:
Rabbits tend to be gentle, quiet, elegant, and alert; quick, skillful, kind, and patient; and particularly responsible. However, they might be superficial, stubborn, melancholy, and overly-discreet. Generally speaking, people who belong to the Rabbit zodiac sign have likable characters.
I like to think this also describes me well :D. I sometimes can feel melancholic. Just let me be, let me swirl in my pain,… I’ll be my happy self afterwards… I don’t find myself to be stubborn, I call it perseverance. But I guess other people might find me stubborn…
11) What is the most regrettable decision you have ever made?
My motto in life is to not live with regrets. I truly believe that we make decisions at a certain moment in life because that was the right one to make at that exact moment. Furthermore, you can’t go back in time. It’s a waste of time to spend it regretting something you can’t undo. You can either try to fix the situation or accept that it happened and move on.
When I make a decision, I stick to it and make the best of it by seeing the positive things in that situation. Even when my heart says, it’s not what I wanted, I’ll make the best of it and see how I can see through it. Because that makes you a reliable person. And to me, that’s an important aspect. A lot of people have let me down in the past, so it’s important to know I’m not like that. I live life without regrets and if I’m not happy anymore about a situation, I’ll try to do something about it.
My Questions for the nominees
- What is for you the definition of happiness?
- What is your motto in life? And why?
- What are the things you’d want to achieve in you career in 3 years?
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- What is your favorite store and why?
- What is on your current wish list?
- What is your favorite room in your house and why?
- How much time do you spend on beauty per day?
- What makes you insanely proud?
- What are you most scared of?
- What food are you craving the most right now?
A Lovely Blog Award
- Thank the person that nominated you and leave a link to their blog.
- Post about the award.
- Share 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate at most 15 people.
- Tell your nominees the good news!
Seven facts about myself
- I’m currently learning Chinese. I’ll follow a program for e-learning. For the time being, I’m watching Taiwanese dramas.
- I used to love big totes, but now I’d rather carry around a small shoulder bag. It’s so much more convenient when you walk around a lot and less painful for the shoulders.
- I am addicted to Ferrero Rochers at the moment. I shouldn’t buy these because when I see them I can’t resist them.
- I was on the Fast Metabolism diet for a couple of weeks and I stopped at a point. It works really well, but it requires so much discipline. Mainly because you have to eat at certain intervals and because the food you eat is specific to the phase you’re in. I still believe in this diet, but find it nonetheless very heard…
- My favorite type of outfit is a dress, that I can dress up or down. It’s so fast and easy!
- With the warmer weather, I feel like drinking smoothies. I love peach, strawberry, blackberry, mango,… smoothies. Ugh… soooo good!
- My current favorite drink is fresh coconut juice. It reminds me so much of the big green coconuts that we enjoyed in Singapore!
Lalee Loves Beauty
Linda Talks Beauty
Glam Heart Cafe
Bay Area Beauty Blogger
Chars Beauty Box
Make up Mofo
Life Style Bites3
Helli Patel Blog
Irish Rose Beauty
Thank you so much for these nominations!! It’s nice to know your posts are appreciated! It’s always so much fun writing these posts!!
Happy Easter Everyone!!!