Hello Beautiful Friends,
Whether you are someone who likes to celebrate Valentine’s day or who thinks that it’s another very commercial day, it’s a fact that it’s the first holiday after New Years Eve. For me, it’s just a very fun excuse to get the BF to go out with me :D)). And even if I tell myself not to care too much, it does bring me joy when he does surprise me…
Like each year, I like to make some strawberries with chocolate and sprinkles. It’s always a nice thing to give, romantic and oh so tasty, because I obviously eat more than half myself ;D))). But it’s of course the thought that counts :D!!!
About a week or 2 ago, I saw that Catrice came out with a couple of pallets and these look quite pretty. I decided to use the blush & bronzer pallet to, aside from the obvious, do my eye look. I remember years ago, Michelle Phan did a look with some blushes and bronzers on the eyes. She’s been a great source of inspiration for me. Can’t believe she’s only 2 weeks older than me and that she’s already achieved so much! As it’s a special Valentine’s edition ;D, I’ll also post the review today!
Let’s start off with the look, shall we!
- I first primed the eyes (Essence I love stage eyeshadow base) and blended the lightest bronzer shade in the crease. As you can see the color is very suitable for this step.
- I then took the darker bronzer shade to deepen up the crease.
- To warm up the eyes I blended downwards from the crease with the matt blush shade, but still leaving the eyeball empty.
- I applied the corally blush shade all over the moving eyelid.
- I took a bit of the “Special top coat” and applied it to the center of the eye.
- The same shade was used to highlight the brow bone. I lined the eyes with the Essence Kajal pencil.
- I finished off the rest of the face. I applied the corally blush shade on the lower lashline, blended it out with the lightest bronzer shade, applied some mascara (Essence I love Extreme lashes + Marc Jacobs Velvet Noire Mascara Volume) and the eyes were done!
So here’s the setup of the pallet and the order in which I used the powders:
Let’s go on further with the face:
- With a big fluffy face brush, I apply the lightest bronzer shade under the cheekbones, jaw line and forehead.
- The coral blush shade was then applied on the apples of the cheek.
- I finished off by using the topper as a highlighter.
And here is the finished look:
For those of you wondering, what I used on the rest of my face:
- Primer: Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray
- Foundation: Diorskin Star Foundation in 020
- Concealer: Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer
- Setting powder: RCMA No-color Powder (only under the eyes, around the nose, forehead and chin)
- Brows: FREEDOM PRO HD Brow Palette Medium Dark
- Lips: Marc Jacobs Lip Creme in Slow Burn 246. This look would probably look better with a coral lip shade, but I didn’t know where I left my favorite coral lipstick :p.
- Setting Spray: Skindinivia The Makeup Finishing Spray Bridal
I hope you liked this look. I think it looks natural and playful at the same time, also very soft and romantic. I’ll be posting the review of this pallet later on today.
If you were still looking for some inspiration for Valentine’s day, here are some posts I did in the past that might be interesting:
Here are some really different looks I did a while back:
Cup of Looks: My Favorite looks of 2016
Check out my favorite smooch proof lip products, to find that perfect lipstick:
Cup of Favorites: Valentine’s Day – Smooch Proof lip products
Don’t know which eyeshadow look to go for? Would you like to keep it simple? Here are 7 different eyeshadow looks that you can do with just one eyeshadow duo:
Cup of Looks: One eyeshadow duo – 7 Looks