Hi my beloved Friends,
How was your week so far? Mine was CRAY CRAY. I didn’t expect to be this tired, but there were a lot of things to be organized and taken care of the past days. I’ve also done some DIY-ing, which I’ll share in my upcoming posts. Can’t wait to show you guys what I made.
It’s been a couple of posts already, so I thought I’d share with you another look I did with the Jaclyn Hill Pallet from Morphe Brushes. If you bought this pallet, you probably are an admirer of Jaclyn. And if you’re a fan of Jaclyn, you know her undying love for warm eyeshadow looks. She’s literally the queen of the red shadows and burgundy’s… Well at least, she is to me hahaha :D. If you’ve missed my previous posts on this pallet, you can find them here below:
I was getting ready for my belly dance course a couple of Saturdays ago. I always try to remember to take a picture of each make up step, when I have the time. I really loved how the look turned out, especially in combination with the vibrant lip shade from Maybelline (Cup of Reviews: Maybelline Vivid Hot Laquer).
To obtain the eyeshadow look, I used the following shades:
As always, after priming my eyes (here with Essence I love Eyeshadow Base), I set it with a bit of eyeshadow. Today I went with Silk Cream all over the eyelid (king of sparing the center of the lid).
- I then took Chip to blend it in the outer third, which might seem a bit too dark. But it blends out really nicely.
- In the crease, I took a not too dense blending brush and applied the shade Buns with window wiping motion.
- With a flat shader brush I applied Jacz (which is obviously the Jaclyn Hill signature shade) all over the lid.
- On the center of the lid, I dabbed with my ring finger a bit of the shade Fade, giving it an halo effect.
- Using the shade Enlight, I highlighted the brow bone.
- Using Abyss, I lined the eyes with an angled eyeshadow brush.
- The shades Jacz and Buns are also applied on the lower lash line.
- Putting om some mascara seals the deal!! You know my favorite combo: 1 coat of Essence I Love Extreme mascara + 1 coat of Marc Jacobs Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara in 010.
For the face, I currently have been using the same products:
- Primer: Skindinavia The Makeup Primer Spray
- Foundation: Diorskin Star Foundation in 020
- Concealer: Catrice Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer
- Setting powder: RCMA No-color Powder (only under the eyes, around the nose, forehead and chin)
- Brows: FREEDOM PRO HD Brow Palette Medium Dark
- Bronzer, Blush & Highlighter: Catrice California in a Box (Bronzer & Blush) Palette
- Lips: Maybelline Vivid Lip Laquer in Obsessed
- Setting Spray: Catrice Prime and Fine Dew Glow Fixing Spray
I wish you a wonderful week!!! We’re almost halfway, friends!!