Hello Lovely Brownies,
I’m currently in my 3rd week of the Fast Metabolism Diet (by Hayley Pomroy) and even though it required a lot of organization, I feel great! It’s wonderful not to feel tired, to have a sugar craving and to feel energized with the healthy choices I make. Love it! That’s extra energy to dance, cook, live life and of course write blog posts ;D)).
Anyhows, today is not the day I’ll elaborate about the diet. Today is the day I talk about 2 Sephora products I’ve picked up a while ago. I bought 2 travel size cleansers. You know me, I love mah cleansers!
Sephora Cleansing Cream with Coconut Water (for face and eyes) – Soothing and Relaxing
- Packaging: You get 50ml in a squeezy tube
- Scent: very soft coconut scent, but nothing too overwhelming. It’s quite refreshing.
- Application: Apply on dry skin, massage the face and rinse with lukewarm water.
- How does it perform: The white cream is not too runny and applies smoothly on the skin. It does tend to feel cold. I massage my face and massage especially around the eye area. It does tend to sting the eyes. After rinsing it off, I still find myself with panda eyes on the lower lash line. This you can easily remove, but in the morning your lashes will still excrete some mascara. I have to say though, after you rinse it off, it makes your skin so incredibly soft. No need for applying cream afterwards if you’re too lazy. I usually go in with another gel cleanser, so I do need my moisturization after this product. But all in all, I pleasant product to use.
Sephora Micellar Cleansing Water with Charcoal (for face and eyes) – Purifying & Detoxifying
- Packaging: Slender and sturdy little plastic bottle with a dark charcoaly grey liquid.
- Scent: Extremely fresh and slightly sharp. I associate this scent with products that contain charcoal. I can recognize the smell from the L’Oréal Charcoal Clay mask.
- Application: Add some liquid on a cotton pad and clean your face. No need to rinse.
- How does it perform: Putting some product on my cotton pad, you can see that it looks very dark. But from the moment you start cleaning your face with it, this color changes to your make up. I find it cool that the dark color vanishes, it’s like it really does absorb the make up. Or that’s what I like to think. If you’re sensitive to strong scents, this one might be overwhelming for you. I usually like perfumed products, but this is too much even for me. It also stings my eyes. I’ve tried it on several people and they all agree that it does the same to their eyes. Using it, the skin does feel clean but it also feels very raw (like my skin is very sensitive and stripped from its oils).
Both products are obviously quite different. I really enjoy the Coconut cleansing cream, but it didn’t blow my mind either. I’d use this up and probably not buy it again. I do recommend it, if you need some extra moisture. The micellar water is not my thing, the scent is way too strong and it doesn’t feel pleasant on the skin. The fact that it also stings the eyes is also not an ideal situation.
I hope you found this little review helpful! Have you tries these 2 before? As you know, I love trying out new cleansers, so I still have some more coming up :p.
Have a beautiful and productive week lovelies!!