Hello my pumpkin spice lattes,
How are you enjoying your Autumn? In Belgium I’d say we have lot’s of ups and downs in weather: warm, cold, sunny, rainy… So my skin suffers a bit from this schizophrenic weather. And I’m not going to lie, I just like to pamper myself from time to time, so I’ve been enjoying my sheet masks, that I got from Taiwan or ordered on Cosmetic Love.
The Saem: Natural Blueberry Mask Sheet
- Claims: “Contains blueberry extract, which keeps the skin young It makes dull skin look young and it moisturizes the skin by supplying effective substances to the skin.” I love how they give a bit more of an explanation then just one word :p.
- Scent: super smelling mask
- Texture: very juicy (a bit too much as it dripped down my face, it also didn’t hold the mask in place, I was scared it would slip so had to lay down)
- How it performed: After 30min I took it off and massaged the remaining serum into my skin. It didn’t feel sticky and I looked very glowy (not too oily).
The Face Shop: Nourishing Face Mask (formulated with propolis)
- Claims: Nourishing , wrinkle care, no parabens
- Scent: Can’t say it smells great, it’s quite alcohol like.
- Texture: The mask comes with a plastic sheet with perforations that holds it in place. It will help you apply the very light and thin sheet on your face. What I always appreciate is when the solution doesn’t drip off my face. The serum is more of a gel consistency than liquid, which I really like.
- How it performed: After that I take off the mask, I massage the remaining product into my skin. But afterwards, it does tend to feel sticky. Not a fan of that aspect. But overall it’s a good mask. They day after, I did get a lot of compliments from my partner for my soft skin :).
TONYMOLY: Pureness 100 – Red Ginseng Mask Sheet Shine
- Claims: Shiny skin. Not much explanation really. I’m guessing that they meant glow. Can’t imagine someone wanting a shiny skin…
- Scent: Not a fan of the Ginseng scent.
- Texture: The sheet was fibrous and quite juicy, but not to the point that it would drip. It dried rather fast compared to other masks I’ve tried.
- How it performed: After that I take it off and massage it into the skin, it remains slightly sticky, but not too much.
SKINFOOD: Bird’s Nest – Fills dry skin with moisture
- Claims: A beauty food mask sheet that fills dry skin with moisture.
- Scent: If you name your product Bird’s Nest, I don’t really expect it to smell good. But it actually just smells like clean laundry, which is quite pleasant.
- Texture: It’s a thick white serum. The sheet contains a good amount and doesn’t drip. I did feel like the sheet was slightly small for my face.
- How it performed: It didn’t take too long to dry. After massaging the serum in, my skin remained tacky, which you know is not exactly what I like. I usually use a mask in the evening and I really dislike my face sticking to my pillow case, ughh!
I enjoyed all these sheet masks. All these masks always feel so cold and usually you don’t get to do much having these on your face. I used these masks in the evening, but I guess they’d be more refreshing in the morning. It’s that I’d have to wake up earlier and currently I don’t have the courage for that hahah!
I really like Korean masks and there are many many many out there to try, so that’s great. I’ve also tried some non-Korean masks of which I had already reviewed several:
I’ve seen at the ACTION store that they also have sheet masks, but then you have to rinse it off after use, which beats the purpose I think. I like sheet masks because I don’t have to rinse it off…
I hope you enjoyed these mini reviews!!
Have lovely week!