Cup of Life: February 2019 Recap

Well, Friends!

We’re here again! It’s February and I’ve finally let go of 2018. I can endearingly look back and look forward to what’s to come in 2019. I’m a little scared, but also excited for the future.

February wasn’t a great month when it came to my resolutions. But it was great at the same time, because I got to witness something beautiful and I got to invest in myself. So excited to share! I can’t believe it, but I’ve actually enrolled in Marie Forleo‘s online training class and I’m so excited to learn from this amazing woman! Such an inspiring lady! I’m looking forward to learn more from her and continue to grow!

You know me! I talk a lot! Go grab yourself a nice hot or fresh beverage and cuddle up in the couch, me has lots to say :p.

Resolutions

• Weight Loss

I went the first 2 weeks of February to the gym and my 2 dance classes. I missed the whole third week. There was no ball room dancing, so I couldn’t do much about that. And me missing the fitness was a financial decision :p. I’ll get my new gym card, once I get my pay. I then missed a belly dance class, because on Tuesday, I was asked by my teacher Elisheba to give my opinion on a new piece she was working on! I felt so honored! I was glad to be able to help her out with her outfit and dance moves. I was so happy to witness it all. I am each time impressed by her performance. She has a way of conveying her feelings into the dance! Even though she never said what it was that she was picturing, I actually could tell from the way she danced. I don’t wish to give too much away, as the performance will be in a couple of weeks! Excited!

Anyhows, the 4th week I picked it up again, so that’s entirely okay :).

• Make Belly Dance Choreo’s

Okay, so I’ll admit, I need a little bit of pressure and the show is only in June. So that is kind of far away… meaning that I haven’t worked on choreo’s lately. I’m planning on doing a choreo I had done for the “Unraveling you” workshop last year, but make it better. I wasn’t entirely happy with the choreo last time. And I feel like I can’t move on to a new song just yet… I’ve in the meantime learned some new moves, that I’d want to incorporate because it would look much better. It’s all about following the gut feeling, right!

• Post 2x/week on the blog

Blog posting has been going pretty well! You’ll have noticed that the past month, I’ve been posting 3x per week. What works for me, is posting about beauty on Wednesday and Sunday. And I allow myself to have some freedom to discuss some random topic on Friday. I’m not committing to posting every Friday, but it’s nice to have that extra option. This way, I don’t feel guilty for not discussing the products I’ve bought :p.

• Learn Chinese

I’ve missed a couple of days, so I’ve ruined my Streak… That’s absolutely fine, as long as I don’t miss more than a couple of days. I picked it up again and the reason it had stagnated was because it was time I’d revise the older lessons. Sometimes, in my enthusiasm I’m going too fast. That results in me losing some control for my progress. Because I then have the feeling that I’ve forgotten what I’ve learned so far. So the last week was all about revision, revision and revision.

What I do love though, is that I’m starting to see connections in the Chinese signs. I start to recognize words that are used for different meanings. But because I recognize the pattern, I now pretty much can guess how I have to pronounce it, which is great!!! Because that’s progress!!

• Make some creative works

I have to say, I didn’t feel the need to be super creative the past month. I kind of wrote a lot for my blog, so that’s also a creative outlet. I did spend a day working on a crochet project for my cousin’s little son, which felt great actually.

I’ve noticed that I can’t crochet as much as I did before, because my eyes aren’t as they used to be. I’ve had some setbacks last year healthwise, and it’s sad to see that it has left its traces… We sometimes assume everything will get better if we take some medication. But sadly that’s not always the case. Anyhows, this has made me realize and appreciate even more what I have.

• House chores

I’ll never be a cleaning princess… Seriously, when, and not if, I have enough money, I’ll get myself a cleaning lady :p. For now, I do the bare minimum. And you know what, I’m not ashamed. I just have other priorities… Like enjoying my life and writing on my blog :p. There, I said it!

• Save Money

Soooooo, I got pretty inspired about the projects pans I saw all over WordPress. I also saw non buys, like for a whole year! I got pretty excited, that is until I went to Kruidvat last week, to get someone a gift and saw that Catrice and Essence came out with something new. I have to say, I haven’t been this excited since long… I usually don’t get limited edition stuff from Essence, because they make new collections like every other day (I should make a whole post on products I never got around reviewing because it got out of assortment… Shame on me really!). Anyhows, it was irresistible to me… Cute packaging, some fun shadows and a setup that reminds me a lot of Too Faced make up. I’m excited to try this out and review it! Hopefully before it’s out of their assortment again…

Beautiful Moments

I thought, I’d also share some fun moments in Febuary, most of it is about foods haha :p. Me having nice food is a beautiful moment :p.

Once in a while, we have a team lunch at work, which is always a lot of fun. Last time, I got to make some Spring rolls. This time around, my colleague had made some wonderful Chilli Sin Carne (the vegetarian version of Chilli Con Carne)! It was sooo good. I love the combo of hot and cool ingredients. It was so hearty, delicious and ooey gooey!

I also went to Brussels a couple of times to spend some quality time with my mom. Obviously it involves some shopping and eating good food. I randomly saw this sticker on the back of a car. I thought it was so cute haha!

There was also this sushi place near the place I work, that we were dying to try out. There is always an excuse to try some amazing sushi. Man, I get hungry just thinking about it!

On Valentine’s day, my Valentine and I went out for lunch and I had cannelloni stuffed with salmon and topped goat cheese and rocket salad. It was sooo tasty!

We discovered a restaurant not too far from our little village and they had some amazing croquettes! If you ever come to Belgium, you need to try them! They’re practically available in each restaurant, it’s a staple. Here I got Cheese croquettes and Shrimp croquettes!

As the main dish, I got some ribs with sweet & sour sauce (which was basically the sweet, slightly spicy sauce you usually eat with Chinese egg rolls ). These were divine! I don’t know why, but everywhere I go I like to try out the ribs…

And that wraps up my month of February! All in all, it was a pretty exciting month for me. It wasn’t perfect, it never is, but that’s not what I aim for. It’s the progress that I find so important. And I hope I can look back in June and say to myself, wow, well done Sarah! You’ve learned some new things and got some more insight…

Let’s get productive, go forward and enjoy whatever comes on our path!
Life is short, let’s not waste it on useless thoughts, but focus on what we can achieve.

Love,

Sarah

9 thoughts on “Cup of Life: February 2019 Recap

• sarahscupofbeauty says:

It was indeed a really nice month :D. February is usually such a sad month for me. I don’t know why, but usually around this time of the year I’m quite depressed and sad. Being productive and some nice foods, indeed help to get through it :D. Thank for dropping by! xoxo Sarah

Liked by 1 person

1. Hunida says:

I am so with you on the chores, lol there are so many better things to do than clean the house all day, everyday! I love the Essence palette you picked up, the packing is gorgeous & so fun. Having nice food is definitely a beautiful moment in life. ❤ Everything looks so dang delicious!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful month of Feb. with us, Sarah!!

Liked by 1 person

• sarahscupofbeauty says:

Amen to that! I used to feel embarrassed that cleaning wasn’t my forte. But hey, I’m good at a lot of other things :p, nothing to be ashamed about. Ow yes, that Essence palette is a lot of fun! I’m especially enjoying the blushes and the highlighters, the eyeshadows a bit less. Aahhh indeed, food is LIFE! Thx for dropping by Hunida! xoxo Sarah

Liked by 1 person

2. LivingOutLoud says:

Hi Sarah!
    It looks like February was a lovely month overall. You were very productive and I really enjoyed reading about your adventures and seeing your pics! I like to set lots of goals so that even if I don’t hit all of them every time I at least hit a few of them.
    3 months to June does seem pretty far off right now, but it will be here before you know it! I still cannot believe that we are starting the 3rd month of 2019 (nearly halfway there already) and the beginning of the year was 3 months ago. See? Time flies! It sounds like you have a good plan for your choreo. I enjoy reviving former dances and adding new moves. It is amazing how much the piece can evolve with time, experience, and progress made. I bet your piece will be absolutely stunning.
    I am so happy to see that you are posting here consistently! Blogging definitely counts as a creative outlet. I am with you on not feeling very inspired to create in the month of February. I notice that I feel more inspired in the spring time and sometimes around Christmas.
    Your food pictures are mouthwatering and I want sushi right now 🙂
    I hope you are enjoying your March so far, Sarah!

❤ Alana Xoxo

Liked by 1 person

• sarahscupofbeauty says:

Thank you Alana! It was indeed a great month! Good food really brings color to your life ^^. Time really does go by so quickly, it’s crazy! That’s why I’m even more determined to make the most out of it! As I mentioned before, I’m now a Bschooler in Marie Forleo’s program and it has been so inspiring. Her program is not only about the nitty gritty of online marketing, but she get’s to the core of who you are. I’ve never felt so sure about an investment as this. It’s a lot of money but I feel that every penny is worth it. I’ll be sharing soon what my plans are, but currently I still need to do some look up :p. My choreo has gotten a bit in the background since I’m now more into studying :p. But you know, I always want a lot haha :p. I’ll definitely make sure to have the choreo ready by June. I just need some healthy stress to get it going ;D. I’ll for sure ask someone to film it for me ^^. Ah yes, the steady posting! So proud of myself, but challenging :D! I don’t know how you do it girl! So much admiration for your steady force and consistency! As my posts are usually long :p, I’m no planning ahead. I’m now trying to pre-schedule more. This also makes me realize that I don’t have that much time to talk about all the products I have, so that also means I bought way too much in the past :p. That’s a good realization for my financial situation.
      February is such a strange depressing month… But watching inspiration vids on Youtube has done a lot!
      Alana, go get yourself some sushi tonight! You deserve it girl! Thank you for dropping by! Always a joy to talk with you! Enjoy your week, Beautiful! xoxo Sarah

Liked by 1 person

• LivingOutLoud says:

Hi Sarah!
        Congratulations on being a B-schooler!!! That is amazing! I have heard such great things about her business school and have been curious. It sounds like a perfect investment for yourself and your future that will help you grow! You are such a talented and creative person with a beautiful soul. I am so glad you are taking this time for you. All the work and study will be worth it as you make your dreams come true!
        I think you are doing great, girl! I was raised with this notion that balance is everything, but I am starting to see that it is not true. With the limited amount of time we have each day, priorities seem more important than balance.
        I agree. Thank goodness February is done and a shorter month than the rest! I hope you will have a lovely week!

❤ Alana

Liked by 1 person

• sarahscupofbeauty says:

It truly is amazing, Alana! B-school is specifically for online businesses. But to me, it means much more. Marie guides you step by step through video, audio or transcripts, it’s however you like. She’s also very structured, which I need. And during the 8 weeks that the program is running, there are aside from Marie and her team also a whole group of coaches (post graduates from B-school) who’ve succeeded through this program to guide you through it all. So the support is amazing! But even if you have less time and need to take longer to go through it, it’s fine too. Because you get a life long access to the content of her platform, which is fantastic. It’s expensive, but you could opt to pay each month 200$ during a year. At first, I thought it was too expensive. But you know how you feel when something is super expensive, it gnaws at you. But when she gave her online class for free, it absolutely convinced me that this woman was going to help me raise myself to another level. So with this complete faith, I took a leap. And so far, it’s been a great ride… I’d recommend it to any woman who is trying to build something for herself! xoxo Sarah

Liked by 1 person

• LivingOutLoud says:

I am so happy for you, Sarah! Thank you for telling me more about it. You are definitely worth the expense. I love her videos and the positive uplifting messages that she puts out in the world. What an honor to be mentored by an amazing person! I am proud of you for taking that leap! How exciting!!!

❤ Alana