Hello Blueberry Cupcakes!
We made it to March, which is one fourth of the year already! I am pumped and excited to share with you what I’ve been doing last month. Still going steady with my resolutions even though it’s never perfect, but that’s obviously not what I’m aiming for. I’m aiming for progress…
Gotta say, I really feel like 24h in a day just isn’t enough! As this month was crazy, I missed a couple weeks of studying for Marie Forleo’s online class. But as she says it, you need time to let it sink in. It’s really a long, but thorough process that does a lot of good to my soul.
Sometimes it’s also important to listen to your body. I don’t feel tired, don’t want to stop, but you gotta do what you gotta do for a sustainable life and career… And when problems arise, it’s just top priority to take care of yourself…
- Weight Loss: I actually don’t know if I lost weight. I need to get new batteries for my scale. I normally weigh myself each day. I’m sure I haven’t lost anything though. I always made sure that I did some sport at least twice a week. In preparation of the Belly Dance Festival in Heerlen last weekend, I did some intense dancing studying the choreo, which my teacher decided to change the last 2 weeks. But that was actually a really nice challenge plus it was fun to do a completely different style, belly dancing fused with hip hop.
- Make Belly Dance Choreo’s: As I’ve been practicing that choreo I also haven’t been working on my own choreo. But with the drills we’ve learned the past month, I have tons of ideas for my choreo on Pharaonic Odyssey.
- Post 2x/week on the blog: I am proud and happy to say that I have been consistently blogging. I’ve noticed that the 3rd posts on Friday are well appreciated. I’ve had some amazing and kind feedback, so that’s definitely motivating to continue writing about positivity and other self development topics.
- Learn Chinese: I haven’t spent much time studying Chinese. I find that my brain is a bit overloaded at this moment as I’m trying to juggle many things at the same time. I’m currently learning about hotels, places and how to go somewhere. And there are a lot of new words coming at me at once. Trying to catch up where possible, but I guess I learn every 3 to 4 days. I’m going to try to learn daily again, even if it’s only repeating older lessons.
- Make some creative works: At the beginning of this month, I had to be parted from a close loved one for a longer period of time. And I made a photo album, collecting letters and drawings from friends and family and hid it in their luggage. As it’s very personal and has a very emotional meaning, I’m not going to post any pictures up here of that little work I did. But it somehow took up all my creative energy haha :D.
- House chores: the bare necessities :p. No, seriously, I did pretty good… No thinking, just doing it and listening to music.
- Save Money: So January and February weren’t a huge success. So I finally made an Excel file to predict the costs and to see how much is left over and what my margin is. I know, I should’ve done this earlier. I did this in the past but never really kept up with it. But I’m more than ever committed to this. As I’ve been working so much on myself, I feel less the need to spend money. I’m now shopping my stash as much as I can.
Some memorable moments
I was invited to a bachelorette this month. I was a bit nervous as I didn’t know anyone except for the bride. But it ended up being such a fun day. All the girls were incredibly sweet! We had a food workshop to prepare some vegetarian dishes like naan bread, tofu omelette with sweet potatoes and pumpkin hummus. We ended the day with.. of course… Sushi!
And then there was of course our dance show! Really enjoyed spending time with these amazing ladies! We got to share our love for dancing, Asian drama’s and Lee Minho ;D)).
If you ever get the chance to go to a Belly Dance workshop or festival, you need to go to the one from Heerlen (yearly in March). You get to meet amazing people, such a supportive community, so much passion and love to share.
That concludes my month of March. Overall more chaotic than January and February, but it’s nice being busy, learning to know new people and embracing what’s coming at me.
Hope you had an amazing month too. Feel free to share it below! Have a lovely week, my Beautifuls!